- Types of Information Collected.
When using our Services, we may collect (ourselves or through our trusted service providers or business associates) your name, age, gender, company name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, zip code and credit card information (“Personal Information”). We may also collect other information that you submit or disclose in connection with the Services, such as product interests, reviews, feedback, testimonials, ideas, postings, submissions, photographs, diagrams, drawings, plans, notes, suggestions, inventions, creative materials, videos, designs, and other information (“User-Generated Content”).
In some instances, Vista Outdoor may use tracking scripts or “tracers” that recognize a unique identifier from a cookie placed on your hard drive by another website. These are used by Vista Outdoor solely to gauge the success of our own advertising. For instance, we may use a tracer to determine whether you visit certain web pages where Vista Outdoor may have placed a banner ad. We do not use tracers to gather information on your use of the Internet unrelated to Vista Outdoor. Please note that Vista Outdoor does not use tracers to identify your personal information, and you remain anonymous unless and until you communicate with Vista Outdoor.
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from the Services from visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose to Web sites. Parents can also select “Personal Information / Opt Out” at our Contact Us page to access, change, or delete the personal information that has been submitted by a child.
- Use of Information Collected.
Vista Outdoor may use Personal Information to send you information about us and our products, including news and promotional material, to solicit information from you, to provide a response or confirmation to an order placed on our merchant site(s) and for marketing research. We may use your Personal Information to customize the Services and display content that we think you might be interested in according to your preferences. We may use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website.
- Sharing of Personal Information.
Vista Outdoor will not sell, rent, edit or intentionally disclose any Personal Information, including its contents or your use of the Site, without your prior consent, but Vista Outdoor may securely share your Personal Information, without your prior consent, for the limited purposes noted below:
- Third Parties. Vista Outdoor may share Personal Information with its service providers and trusted business associates to perform functions such as collecting and analyzing user information, conducting contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions, fulfilling rebate submissions, credit card processing as it relates to placing orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links) and providing customer service. These third parties will only use your Personal Information for those purposes required to perform their functions.
- Legal Obligations. Vista Outdoor may share your Personal Information if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with legal process or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Vista Outdoor; (iii) enforce this Agreement; (iv) protect the interests of other users of the Site or any other person; or (v) operate or conduct maintenance and repair of the Site or equipment.
- Protection of Personal Information.
We want you to have continuing trust in Vista Outdoor and in our products and services. In order to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Services cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
- Submission of Confidential Information.
Other than Personal Information, Vista Outdoor does not treat User-Generated Content as confidential. You should not use the Services as a means of submitting information you consider to be confidential or proprietary. Any submission of User Generated Content will be considered a contribution to Vista Outdoor for further use in its sole discretion, regardless of any proprietary claims or reservation of rights noted, and shall become the sole property of Vista Outdoor. Vista Outdoor shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of User-Generated Content for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You irrevocably waive any and all “moral rights” in User-Generated Content, including the rights of paternity and integrity.
- Other Limits to Your Privacy.
The Services may contain links to non-Vista Outdoor websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of non-Vista Outdoor websites. We have no control over the use of such websites and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Information or User-Generated Content on these websites.
- User Choice Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Personal Information.
You may choose not to provide Vista Outdoor with any Personal Information or User-Generated Content. However, your access to some of the Services may be limited. If you wish to update your Personal Information, have questions about your Personal Information or do not wish to receive information and promotional material from us you may select the appropriate “opt-out” option or let us know by selecting “Personal Information / Opt Out” at our Contact Us page.
- How to Contact Us.