- What and How We Collect Information.
When using our Services, we may collect (ourselves or through our trusted service providers or business associates) information which can be used to identify or contact you (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information in two ways: 1) by asking you for such information, and 2) by automated means which are part of the technology that underlies our platform which is needed to provide you the Services (“Website Navigational Information”).
Information Voluntarily Provided By You
When we ask you for Personal Information, this will usually include information such as: your name, age, gender, company name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, zip code and credit card information. We may also collect other information that you submit or disclose in connection with the Services, such as product interests, reviews, feedback, warranty registration, and other similar information.
Website Navigational Information
We may, directly or through a third party, collect information about you and your use of our Services whenever you use the Services. For instance, we may collect various forms of information such as your IP address, entry and exit points for our Services (i.e., referring URLs or domains), Services traffic statistics, operating system and browser type (collectively “Traffic Data”).
Traffic Data is generally anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Services. However, some Traffic Data maybe attached to Personal Information, and we consider all that data to be Personal Information.
In addition, we may store some personal information on your computer in the form of a “cookie” or similar file to help us maintain and improve these Services in many ways. A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as an identifier, recording such things as Internet addresses, session IDs, and preferences. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses.
With most Internet browsers, you can erase “cookies” from your computer hard drive, block all “cookies,” or receive a warning before a “cookie” is stored. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please refer to your browser instructions to learn more about these functions.
Enabling cookies allows you to take full advantage of all the features on the Services and we recommend that you leave them turned on. If you elect to block the cookies, we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience on our Services.
In some instances, we may use tracking scripts or “tracers” that recognize a unique identifier from a cookie placed on your hard drive by another website. These are used to gauge the success of our own advertising, as well as for better understanding your interest in other Vista Outdoor affiliated brands and companies. For instance, we may use a tracer to determine whether you visit certain web pages where Vista Outdoor may have placed a banner ad. We do not use tracers to gather information on your use of the Internet unrelated to Vista Outdoor. We also do not use tracers to identify your personal information, and you remain anonymous unless and until you communicate with Vista Outdoor.
Third Party Partners
We use third-party service providers, such as internet service providers, to help us provide the Services, and manage our technology platform. As part of these activities, we may use these third-party providers to collect information as described above.
- Use of Information Collected.
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to send you information about us and our products, including news and promotional material of all our affiliated brands and companies;
- to develop a better understanding of what your interests are across all the Vista Outdoor products;
- to solicit information from you, and for marketing research;
- to provide a response or confirmation to an order placed on our merchant site(s);
- to customize the Services and display content that we think you might be interested in according to your preferences;
- to better design our website;
- to protect against fraud, suspicious, or other illegal activity; and
- to meet our legal, security, processing, and regulatory requirements.
Where we use third-party service providers, those parties are required to only use Personal Information for the same purposes which we would use that Personal Information. Additionally, they can only use Personal Information as instructed by us.
- Sharing of Personal Information.
Affiliate Brands and Companies
We may share Personal Information with its service providers to perform functions such as collecting and analyzing user information, conducting contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions, fulfilling rebate submissions, credit card processing as it relates to placing orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links) and providing customer service. These third parties will only use your Personal Information for those purposes required to perform their functions.
Cross Border Transfers of Data
- Protection of Personal Information.
We want you to have continuing trust in us and in our products and Services. In order to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Services cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
- Retention of Personal Information.
- Submission of Confidential Information.
Other than Personal Information, we do not treat User-Generated Content as confidential. You should not use the Services as a means of submitting information you consider to be confidential or proprietary. Any submission of User Generated Content will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and will become our sole property, in which we will own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of this material for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) protects the online privacy and personal information of children under 13 years of age. We respect children’s privacy. The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Parents can also select “Personal Information / Opt Out” at our Contact Us page to access, change, or delete any personal information that has been submitted by a child. We do not share or sell personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
- Third Party Links.
The Services may contain links to non-Vista Outdoor websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of non-Vista Outdoor websites. We have no control over the use of such websites and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Information or User-Generated Content on these websites.
- User Choice Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Personal Information.
You may choose not to provide us with some types of Personal Information. However, we automatically collect Website Navigational Information, and as such if you wish not to disclose such information, please do not visit our Site. If you chose not to provide some of the voluntary disclosures (as described in the “Information Voluntarily Provided By You” section above), your access to some of the Services may be limited (unless prohibited by law).
- Terms and Conditions of Access and Use.
Please review our Terms and Conditions of Access and Use, which also governs your visit to Vista Outdoor websites.
- How to Contact Us.
- California Residents.
- European Economic Area Resident Rights.
The information about you that we collect, process, and/or use is controlled by Vista Outdoor in the United States of America. The site is hosted outside the European Economic Area. The information you provide is transmitted to the United States of America, and is stored and processed in the United States of America. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by clicking Contact Us.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by clicking Contact Us.
- If we have collected or processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You can withdraw your consent by selecting “Personal Information / Opt Out” at out Contact Us page
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.