Posted: January 1, 2023
Collection of Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information. The Personal Information we collect depends on how you use our Service. We might collect the following types of Personal Information from you:
- Name, contact information, and other identifiers: identifiers such as a name, username, account name, mailing address, and email address.
- Device information: internet protocol (IP) address; device identifiers that relate to a specific computer, phone, or tablet.
- Purchase Information: information about what you bought including warranty information.
- Demographic Information: including gender and age.
- Financial information: payment information such as your (or your parent’s) credit card number, expiration date, and CVV code.
- Communications: direct communication (such as direct messages sent to us), web forms you fill out, online polls, or interactions with our blogs and posts.
- Usage data: Internet or other electronic network activity information which may include your browsing history, search history, and how you interact with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Location data: location information about a particular person or device, general location information (for example, certain mobile applications may show your general geographic region).
Sources of Personal Information. We may collect Personal Information about people:
- Directly from you:such as when you create an online account with us (the “User Account”), play in contests we offer, sign up to receive communications from us, or contact us for help or customer support purposes.
- From third-parties: such as other companies that provide helpful services to us (such as fraud detection, identity verification, and security), companies that resell our products, companies that help spread awareness about our Services (also known as marketing agencies and advertising services), and companies that sell information about other persons.
- Related to your use of our Services:including information we collect automatically when you use our Services or interact with us, or information we find out about you and your mood, likes, dislikes, or habits based on the Personal Information we collect and our interactions with you.
Information We Collect From You. We may collect Personal Information from you related to:
- Registration, accounts and profiles:when you register for a User Account with us, we collect your email, name, and address; we may also collect additional information such as your birth date, likes, dislikes, and location details.
- Marketing, surveys and events:if you sign up to receive news, updates, offers and other email communications from us, we may collect your name, contact information, and information about the products you like.
- Your communications and requests:when you email us, call us, or otherwise send us communications, we collect and keep a record of your contact details, communications and our responses.
Information We Collect from Other Companies. We may collect Personal Information about you from other sources and mix it with other Personal Information we have already collected about you, such as:
- Payments:if you buy something from our Service using another company to complete your payment (think PayPal), we may collect Personal Information such as your (and/or your parent’s) name, billing address, payment type, as well as credit card number or other payment account details.
- Acquisition: we may collect Personal Information if our business ever changes or teams up with another company (aka an acquisition or merger in legal terms).
- Other:we may obtain Personal Information, such as survey information about certain populations (aka demographic information) or updated contact details, from other companies; we may also collect information that is available to the public.
Information We Collect or Derive About You Automatically. We may collect or find out Personal Information about your use of our Services, or other interactions with us.
- Website and App:We may collect information about you from your browser or device, which may include your browser type, device type, operating system, software version, phone model, phone operating system, platform-dependent information, requested documents, referring URL, date and time of your visit, and clickstream data (for example, the pages you view, links you click, and date and time stamps for your activities on our Services). The information that we collect automatically may be mixed with other Personal Information we have collected.
Use of Personal Information
We may use Personal Information for different purposes, including, without limitation:
- Providing support and services:including to provide and operate our Services, interact with you on our Services; to respond to your questions; to help fix any problems, fulfill your orders and requests, process your payments and provide technical support; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Analyzing and improving our business:including to better understand how users like you access and use our Services, to evaluate and improve our Services and business operations, and to develop new features, offerings, and services; to conduct surveys and other evaluations (such as customer satisfaction surveys); to monitor consumer interest in our products and Services; to figure out problems that may arise on the Services; to improve the accuracy of our customer database (think of a big folder of information about you and other users); to increase our understanding of our customer database; to increase our understanding of our customers; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Securing and protecting our business:including to protect and secure our business operations, assets, Services, network and information and technology resources; to investigate, prevent, detect and take action regarding fraud, unauthorized access, situations involving potential threats to the rights or safety of any person or third-party, or other unauthorized activities or misconduct.
- Defending our legal rights:including to manage and respond to actual and potential legal disputes and claims, and to defend or protect ourselves if a lawsuit arises from another company or person.
- Auditing, reporting, corporate governance, and internal operations:including financial, tax and accounting audits (think of an audit as a teacher or parent checking your homework, but instead, for specific part of a business); audits and assessments of our operations, privacy, security and financial controls, risk, and compliance with legal obligations; our general business, accounting, record keeping and legal functions; and related to any actual or contemplated merger, acquisition, asset sale or transfer, financing, bankruptcy or restructuring of all or part of our business (think of it as when companies change teams, switch players, or “team up”).
Aggregate and De-identified Data. We may de-identify information and create anonymous and aggregated data sets and reports to assess, improve and develop our business, products and Services, prepare benchmarking reports on our industry and for other research, marketing and analytics purposes. In other words, we may do everything described above, except the information is fixed in a way that it cannot be traced back to you. This data is not Personal Information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share or disclose the Personal Information we collect as follows:
- Service providers:We may share Personal Information with third-party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and/or support providers (pretty much all the other companies that help us do stuff).
- Subsidiaries, affiliates, and business partners:We may share your Personal Information with our related companies and other companies under common ownership, control or management with us; they may use such Personal Information for the same purposes set out in this Policy.
- Business transfers:We may share and/or transfer Personal Information as part of any actual or contemplated merger, sale, transfer of assets, acquisition, financing and/or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy or similar event, including related to due diligence conducted prior to such event where permitted by law (remember those companies that we “team up”, switch teams, or switch players with).
Cookies and Analytics
All default privacy settings provided to children under the age of 18 years old are configured to the highest level of privacy. In the event we collect Personal Information from children we will obtain verifiable parental consent prior to collection.
If you have concerns over the collection of children’s Personal Information on the Website or you wish to withdraw consent to collect your child’s Personal Information, please contact us at the information provided in the Contact Us section below.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us and we have put in place reasonable safeguards to protect the Personal Information we collect (think of a giant moat or fortress that protects your Personal Information). However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We encourage you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe, such as choosing a strong password and logging out of your User Account and closing your web browser when you finish using the Services.
Links to Third-party Websites
The Website provides links to various websites operated by other companies, which may include sites that display our trademarks (pretty much our logos). This Policy does not apply to third-party websites that are accessible through our Services, unless such website directs users or visitors to this Policy. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other websites to learn how they collect, use, share, and secure your information before providing any Personal Information.
We will keep and use your Personal Information for as long as needed in order to provide you with our Services, with requested information, or access to the Website; to document our business relationship with you; and as necessary to comply with our legal responsibilities, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. However, we will not keep and use your Personal Information if it would break a law or if it is not allowed under this Policy. As soon as it is reasonable to assume your Personal Information is no longer needed or required, we will stop keeping your Personal Information, or remove any information that can be associated with you.
When you use our Services, you also have certain rights over your Personal Information:
- The right to know. This right allows you to receive clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your Personal Information and your rights. This is the reason why we give you this Policy.
- The right of access. If we process your Personal Information, this right allows you to access it and certain other helpful information such as where we collected it from, why we collect it, and with whom we share it with. This is helpful for your own awareness and to double check that we do not break any data protection laws when we use your Personal Information.
- The right to delete. This right allows you to request that we delete or remove your information because there is no reason for us to use it anymore. Sometimes though, we may not delete or remove your information as requested because an exception applies. For example, we may need to keep your Personal Information so we can provide you with our Services or respond to your requests.
- The right to correct. This right allows you to request that we correct any Personal Information about you that may be wrong.
We usually respond to your requests and provide information for free, but we may charge a reasonable fee, if you send too many requests for the same information or if you do not have a valid reason for sending the request. We may also choose not to act on your request at all in some events.
California Shine the Light Law
If you live in California and provide certain Personal Information, you may request and obtain (for free) information about the Personal Information (if any) we have shared with other companies during the immediately preceding calendar year for their own direct marketing use, as allowed under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83). We do not share information with third parties for this purpose.
Changes to this Policy
We review this Policy regularly, and it may be updated from time to time. When we make changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. We may also notify you in advance of any important changes, such as by posting a notice of that change on the first page of this Policy or on our homepage, or by emailing your email address of record with us.
If you have any concerns about our privacy practices, or you wish to exercise any of your rights, click here to contact us, call toll-free at 800-285-0689, or write to us at: Privacy Compliance, 5550 Scotts Valley Drive, Scotts Valley, CA 95066.