At Vista Outdoor we have identified four pillars of Corporate Social Responsibility – SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT, COMMUNITY and EMPLOYEES. We have always been at the forefront of safety, both in our products and in our communities. We are proud to lead in environmental stewardship and conservation. And, with approximately 5,500 employees in 13 states and countries around the world, we know a thing or two about diverse communities and how education, development, and diversity of background and thought lead to success within our company and within our communities.
How the Vista Outdoor Social Responsibility Pillars translate to our individual brands is as unique as our brands are. We are a diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands that operate through two independent segments, Shooting Sports and Outdoor Products. Whether the brand of your choice focuses on biking and trail running or hunting and target shooting, each brand has a unique and distinct brand ethos, mission, and values built around passionate enthusiasts and user-communities. Diversity in brands also brings about diversity in thought, discussion, and action, and we embrace that. To that end, we expect all our brands to incorporate the Vista Outdoor Social Responsibility Pillars in a unique way that will have a meaningful impact on their individual brand, their enthusiasts, and their communities.
For example, in our Shooting Sports Segment, we are actively working with our legislators and policy makers, urging them to do the following:
- Supported the Passage of the Fix NICS Act – NICS Is the National Instant Criminal Background System. In March, 2018 the U.S. House and Senate passed the Act, encouraging accurate and complete reporting by states and federal agencies to prevent firearms access to unqualified individuals.
- Regulate Bump Stocks, which are mechanisms added to semi-automatic firearms designed to mimic automatic fire.
- Pass the Federal Firearm Licensee Protection Act – federal legislation that would increase penalties against those who steal from authorized retailers. Since 2016, more than 15,000 guns were stolen from these retailers, many of which go on to be used in subsequent crimes. Vista Outdoor also supports Operation Secure Store.
- Legislative Advocacy:
- Supported the Passage of the STOP School Violence Act of 2018 – In March, 2018 the U.S. House and Senate passed the Act, providing grant funding for education infrastructure improvements, prevention training, threat assessments, and coordination with local law enforcement.
- Legislative Advocacy:
Vista Outdoor is a Proud Sponsor of Project ChildSafe: Vista Outdoor is a proud sponsor of the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s (NSSF) Project ChildSafe, a nationwide program that promotes firearms safety through the distribution of safety education messages and free firearm safety kits. Vista Outdoor brands Federal Premium, Savage Arms and BLACKHAWK! released PSA videos to raise awareness of firearm safety and support Project ChildSafe.
In our Outdoor Products Segment, we encourage consumers to follow all road and trail signs, wear proper safety equipment, such as helmets and lights, and always be aware of their surroundings to be as safe as possible when riding on the road, the trail, or the mountain.
- Boys Scouts of America: Vista Outdoor is the Official Wheeled Sports Safety Partner and the Official Hydration Partner of the Boy Scouts of America. Through this partnership, several of our brands, including Bell Helmets and CamelBak hydration will promote safety messages to millions of Scouts across the world.
- Safe Kids Worldwide: Vista Outdoor brand Bell partners with Safe Kids Worldwide, an organization that provides parents and caregivers with practical and proven resources to help protect kids from unintentional injuries.
- #DitchDisposable: CamelBak has a mission to reduce the use of plastic that ends up in landfills and pollutes our oceans. It starts with simply ditching disposable plastic bottles. Choose to reuse.
- National Ability Center: Giro reaches out to numerous organizations, including NAC, to donate helmets, which provides participants in their Unlimbited Camp and military events the opportunity to ski and snowboard.
Together, we are proud to have a seat at the table within both the Outdoor Recreation Industry and the Shooting Sports Industry, which allows us to share our unique perspective and to help drive change. Learn more about what safety, environment, community and employees mean to all our individual brands. And, like us, become part of a dialogue that will help these pillars impact your life.
In the News
April 9, 2018
March 28, 2018, 2018
March 26, 2018
Each year, we strive to support many non-profit (501 c3) organizations that align with our Vista Outdoor Funding Proposal criteria. Please review the funding criteria and submit proposals through Contact Us.