Vista Outdoor Benefits
From health and dental care options to first-day eligibility in our 401(k) plan, Vista Outdoor offers a range of flexible benefits and programs that support your total health and well-being. Our comprehensive benefits program allows you to customize a wide range of options to best meet your personal, financial and professional needs. Highlights of our benefit offerings include:
A Choice of Medical Plans
Vista Outdoor’s medical plan options cover preventive exams, immunizations and hearing and vision checks at 100%. Other features of Vista Outdoor’s medical plans:
- Variable deductible and employee rates based on the plan you choose.
- Health promotion programs.
- Lower premiums if you qualify for tobacco-free rates.
- Two plan options offer the opportunity to establish a Health Savings Account (HSA).
Two Dental Plan Options
Diagnostic and preventive services are covered at 100% with no deductible under both plan options. Both options cover:
- Basic and major restorative services, prosthetics, repairs and sealants.
- Orthodontic benefit is available only under one plan option.
- Auto enrollment — pre-tax deferral at 6% into a default fund and automatic contribution increases of 1% per year.
- You can opt out of the auto-enroll feature, elect a different deferral rate or opt out or change the automatic contribution increase feature at any time.
- Company match of 100% of first 3% of recognized compensation contributed as before-tax and/or Roth 401(k) contributions plus 50% of next 3% with a one-year vesting period.
- A non-elective contribution of 2.5%, 3% or 4% of eligible compensation based on age and years of service with a three-year vesting period, if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- There are many investment options to choose from, including funds provided through a brokerage account option.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company-paid personal, vacation and sick days are combined into this benefit.
- Annual accrual is based on years of service.
- Full-time employees may elect to buy or sell up to 40 hours of PTO each year.
- Additional paid benefits for bereavement, jury duty and military leave.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Set aside pre-tax dollars to offset eligible health care and dependent care expenses.
- Related offering: Pre-tax transportation benefit to use pre-tax dollars via payroll deductions to pay for qualified, work-related commuting and/or parking expenses, such as public transportation (bus, train, subway, ferry, light rail), vanpools and contract parking.
Basic Life Insurance
- Company-paid benefit of 1x your covered earnings up to $100,000.
- No contribution or enrollment required on your part.
- Convertible – you may elect to take coverage with you if you leave Vista Outdoor.
Supplemental Life Insurance
- Option to elect additional coverage of 1 to 6x annual covered earnings up to $2 million.
- Tobacco-free employees pay lower rates for optional, employee supplemental life insurance.
Dependent Life Insurance
- Spouse coverage in increments of $25,000 up to $100,000; child coverage options of $5,000 or $10,000.
- Convertible — you may elect to take coverage with you if you leave Vista Outdoor.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Vista Outdoor pays for a basic benefit of 1x annual covered earnings up to $100,000.
- Option to elect additional coverage of 1-6x annual covered earnings up to $2 million.
- Spouse and dependent coverage options also available.
- No evidence of good health requirement.
Short-term Disability (STD) and Long-term Disability (LTD)
- STD — Company-provided benefit of 60% of pre-disability earnings, up to 26 weeks; optional buy-up coverage equal to 80% of covered earnings up to 26 weeks.
- LTD — Company-provided benefit of 40% of covered earnings up to $10,000 per month; optional, buy-up coverage equal to 60% of covered earnings up to $15,000 per month.
- You pay the full cost of optional, buy-up coverage.
- Reimbursement of qualified expenses, including legal fees, for adoption of minor children.
- Up to $5,000 maximum lifetime reimbursement per employee.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Confidential counseling and referral services for family, marital, legal, financial or substance abuse issues.
- 24/7 phone assistance for employees and their eligible dependents.
Additional Voluntary Programs
- Survivor Support Financial Counseling Service.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Scholarship program for dependent children to age 26.
- Endura Financial Federal Credit Union.
- Payroll-deduction discounts on home/auto insurance and group legal coverage.
- Purchase laptops, desktops, and electronic accessories for your home use directly from Compaq, Dell and HP at discounted prices.
- Voluntary vision coverage for eye exams, as well as discounts for eyeglasses and contact lenses.
This overview of benefits is intended only as a guide. The precise terms and conditions of the benefits referred to in this overview are contained in the official Summary Plan Descriptions and Welfare Benefit Plans (collectively the “Plan Documents”). Employees are encouraged to consult these Plan Documents or contact Employee Solutions if they have further questions or to confirm details about the benefits referred to in this overview.
Please note that benefits may vary between locations and for employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Plans and programs also may vary for employees who work outside the continental U.S. or for Vista Outdoor’s wholly owned subsidiaries. Therefore, employees should make sure they review the overview and Plan Documents applicable to them.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in this overview, if there is an omission or a discrepancy between this overview and the Plan Documents, the terms of the Plan Documents will prevail. Vista Outdoor reserves the right to modify, amend or terminate any or all of the provisions of these benefits at any time and for any reason.
We want you!
Minnesota Military Radio interviews Operations Director, Duane Lowe, on Vista Outdoor's support for hiring veterans at Federal Premium's Anoka, Minnesota, facility. Jump to 01:48 for Duane's interview.
Our values INSPIRE and align us as a company. They form the foundation for our behavior, how we conduct business, make decisions and treat others. We are passionate, committed, trusted, efficient and persistent.
Our brands have a rich, long-standing heritage, such as Federal Premium, founded in 1922 and Bushnell, founded in 1948. We believe this brand heritage and a series of acquisitions support our mission to bring the world outside and achieve rugged independence in all activities.