In 2016, Vista Outdoor launched its “Conservation Counts” campaign to better align the company’s many conservation efforts under one mission. More
Core tenets of our conservation philosophy:
- It is our responsibility to leave the world in a better condition than how we found it.
- Increasing participation in outdoor recreation benefits conservation because people protect the things they value.
- Public lands are economically and socially valuable and should be protected.
- Public lands must be accessible.
- Public lands should be managed for multiple uses in a sustainable manner, and tolerance between user groups should be promoted as a culture and public policy.
- Conservation is bi-partisan.
- Hunting and the shooting sports are critical components of conservation in North America.
- We reject the labels that some outdoor recreationists are “consumptive users” and some are “non-consumptive”. We all have impacts. We strive for our impacts to be more positive than negative.
- Our customers are diverse, and their motivations to be involved in the outdoors vary, but what unifies outdoor recreationists is a connection to wild places, wild things, and the enjoyment we derive from being outdoors.
National Park Service Celebrates 100 Years
The National Park Service (NPS) is celebrating its first 100 years and all of its past accomplishments. However, this celebration is more about kicking off the second century by focusing on ways to help increase stewardship of America’s parks through conservation, recreation and preservation programs in the communities for the next 100 years. More
National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses (NASC)
Recently, Will Primos, Director of Market Development for Primos and host of the weekly TV show, Primos Truth About Hunting, spoke to the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses (NASC). He talked about Vista’s mission of Bringing the World Outside, and our serious commitment to wildlife, hunter retention and recruitment. More
Vista Outdoor and Pheasants Forever Talk Conservation on the Outdoor Channel
This past October, Nobles County, Minnesota Pheasants Forever (PF) chapter, hosted a pheasant hunt for The Flush TV show which aired in July 2017. Also invited, Ryan Bronson, Director of Conservation for Vista Outdoor and Joe Duggan, a retired PF staffer who helped create the original on-box royalty program, putting the PF logo on boxes of Prairie Storm and Wing Shok ammunition. In turn, a portion of the proceeds from each PF logoed box sold goes directly to the conservation group’s wildlife habitat efforts. More
Vista Outdoor Supports Pheasants Forever 50 Million Times
Vista Outdoor brand Federal Premium surpassed 50 million shotgun shells sold in support of Pheasants Forever, the nation’s leading upland habitat conservation organization. More
Vista Outdoor brands are committed to partnering with conservation organizations through product royalty programs. In FY16, we raised more than $110,000 for conservation efforts through our royalty programs.
Conservation Reserve Program
The Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) helps America’s farmers, ranchers, and forest owners to voluntarily conserve environmentally sensitive land. In the 1985 Farm Bill the CRP supported 37 million acres, devoted to conserving soil, water, and wildlife habitat; however, in the most recent Farm Bill, it has been whittled down to 24 million acres. The CRP is designed to safeguard the nation’s natural resources. More