In 2016, Vista Outdoor launched its “Conservation Counts” campaign to better align the company’s many conservation efforts under one mission. More
Core tenets of our conservation philosophy:
- It is our responsibility to leave the world in a better condition than how we found it.
- Increasing participation in outdoor recreation benefits conservation because people protect the things they value.
- Public lands are economically and socially valuable and should be protected.
- Public lands must be accessible.
- Public lands should be managed for multiple uses in a sustainable manner, and tolerance between user groups should be promoted as a culture and public policy.
- Conservation is bi-partisan.
- Hunting and the shooting sports are critical components of conservation in North America.
- We reject the labels that some outdoor recreationists are “consumptive users” and some are “non-consumptive”. We all have impacts. We strive for our impacts to be more positive than negative.
- Our customers are diverse, and their motivations to be involved in the outdoors vary, but what unifies outdoor recreationists is a connection to wild places, wild things, and the enjoyment we derive from being outdoors.
National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses (NASC)
Recently, Will Primos, Director of Market Development for Primos and host of the weekly TV show, Primos Truth About Hunting, spoke to the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses (NASC). He talked about Vista’s mission of Bringing the World Outside, and our serious commitment to wildlife, hunter retention and recruitment. More
Vista Outdoor Sponsors CSF Annual Banquet
Vista Outdoor was a proud title sponsor of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) 27th Annual Banquet and Auction held in Washington, D.C. on September 15. The event was attended by Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC) Members from the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, along with leaders of the sportsmen’s community and industry. More
Vista Outdoor brands are committed to partnering with conservation organizations through product royalty programs. In FY16, we raised more than $110,000 for conservation efforts through our royalty programs.