On November 2, the University of Utah College of Social and Behavioral Science hosted the Women Inspiring Women: To the Finish line event.
The panel of five professional women with diverse backgrounds, including Vista Outdoor SVP Communications and Government Relations, Amanda Covington, shared their career paths with an audience that included undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff. The panel discussion was followed by breakout sessions on the following topics:
- Building your group of professional allies.
- How to be ready for your career?
- How to be assertive in the workforce (including asking for what you need such as adequate compensation)?
- How to be an authentic leader?
- Caring for your whole self (including balancing relationships and career).
Amanda Covington, SVP Communications & Government Relations at Vista Outdoor Inc.
Marsha Gilford, Southwest Regional Director, Corporate Affairs at Kroger Co.
Teri Klug, President at Strategic Development LLC
Kimberly Gardner Martin, Manager at Gardner Family Partnership
Sarah Starkey, Vice President & General Counsel at Larry H. Miller Dealerships