As a leading outdoor sports and recreation company, Vista Outdoor is a strong supporter of conservation.We believe that all conservation efforts count, no matter how big or small. We are committed to conserving our natural wonders, resources and public lands for all outdoor enthusiasts to pursue their adventures. The following are the core tenets of our conservation philosophy:
- It is our responsibility to leave the world in a better condition than how we found it.
- Increasing participation in outdoor recreation benefits conservation because people protect the things they value.
- Public lands are economically and socially valuable and should be protected.
- Public lands must be accessible.
- Public lands should be managed for multiple uses in a sustainable manner, and tolerance between user groups should be promoted as a culture and public policy.
- Conservation is bi-partisan.
- Hunting and the shooting sports are critical components of conservation in North America.
- We reject the labels that some outdoor recreationists are “consumptive users” and some are “non-consumptive”. We all have impacts. We strive for our impacts to be more positive than negative.
- Our customers are diverse, and their motivations to be involved in the outdoors vary, but what unifies outdoor recreationists is a connection to wild places, wild things, and the enjoyment we derive from being outdoors.